Extraordinary circumstances have intensified our activities
“We initially thought that the COVID-19 crisis would cause a decline in our markets and we would have to initiate changes in the way we work, but in reality it turned out to be positive for us,” explained Rein Vaheoja, Head of the Logistics and Administration Department of the Puidukoda. «While many people spent more time at home, they began to renovate their residences and country houses, upgrading them, for example the replacing of exterior cladding or upgrading their terraces“
Puidukoda deals with the valorisation of wood. The sawn timber is planed to suit the customer profiles, with each being factory finished, painted and impregnated. The company produces a variety of interior and exterior cladding boards along with a range of solid wood flooring and terrace boards. It selects all of its raw Nordic Timber materials from Northern Russia and Finland with a small proportion coming from Estonia, Latvia and Belarus.
About 20 percent of the finished products are sold to the domestic market through Puumarket. In Viljandi, the distributor for Puidukoja products is Gethis OÜ. “In Viljandi the facade of so many houses has been created using our products, “said Vaheoja.
The full product range can be seen on the company’s website under the Woodmood product catalogue. The Woodmood range is an internationally acclaimed planed wood brand that is produced and finished in away that delivers classical but tasteful designs. «This premium product can be also be purchase through Puumarket,” said Vahoja.
12,000 – 14,000 cubic meters of output leave Puidukoda. “If we take the average truck load, which is about 50 cubic meters, you can make these calculations … »said Vaheoja who noted that at times incoming and outgoing deliveries can create a relatively dense build up in the local Karkstraffic.
If 20 percent of the production is sold domestically, then the remaining 80 percent is distributed globally. Mainly sold to the Europe and the American markets, it also travels to more exotic places such as South Korea and India. Puidukoda has associated companies in Poland, the Czech Republic and the United Kingdom. Puidukoda itself is a member of the RoseGroup as well as part of its subsidiary Protac. “Protac mainly markets its products with in its home territory of France, we sell to more than 35 countries, “said the head of the logistics and administration department.
The company has changed a lot since its creation by Enn Kinnas in 1997. From its early equipment and beginnings in Karks, to its modernisation and becoming a member of the international French based timber Group.
The goal is still to grow even more. Over the last 20 years in the marketplace, the company, has achieved a strong position and reputation in its field with its brands well-known outside Estonia.
The company currently has 115 employees, mainly from the local area, along some additions from Pärnu to Räpina. While the main sales offices are located in Tartu, about 80 percent of the team reside and work is in the village of Karksi. This makes the company ione of the largest employers in Mulgi region of Estonia.
According to Vaheoja, there is a desire to keep moving the company in the direction of being regarded as a premier employer. Highly regarded and skilled employees are paid competitive salaries while the company strives to offer comparable salary scales that match or are higher than the Estonian average, because they understand that the strength of any company is created by its employees.
Puidukoda also continues to make expansion plans. Recently they have taken over the former Karksi brewery in the Karme territory. Always aiming to thrive and invest. “We have great employees and thanks to them we can reach our goals, expand our capacity and continue to reinvest, “reiterated Vaheoja, Head of the company’s logistics and administration department.
Keep up to date by subscribing to our newsletter
You can cancel your order at any time.